Thursday, January 1, 2009

"It's mine in 2009"

Happy New Year!!!! I am so excited about what the new year will bring for me and my family. 2008 was pretty rough for everyone so I am hopeful that this year will be better. I have set quite a few goals and can't wait to accomplish them. The two main goals are getting out of debt (paying off my car) and improving my health. If I can accomplish these two challenges, I will be very happy. I was thinking yesterday, as the new year was approaching, that becoming debt free is really liberating. Being debt free is a form of freedom that I desire. At the moment, I am somewhat stuck in a job I don't like and can't see myself slaving there the next 20 years, but unfortunately I can't leave the job because I am in debt. If I were debt free, I would have options. So now more than ever, I desire to have the freedom to make my own choices and not have my choices dictated by someone else. Have you ever felt this way? What do you really desire to do in life? What is your purpose? What makes you happy? I will tell you that sitting in a cubicle behind a computer crunching numbers all day while your supervisor constantly sends you emails and micro-manages you is not what makes me happy, in fact, it makes me feel trapped. As a result of all of this, I now know, more than ever, that I have got to get out of debt in order to regain my freedom. After I pay off my car, then I will have to pay off $38K+ in student loan debt and then my mortage. All of this debt makes me feel like I am suffocating but I have to take one debt at a time. A couple of days ago, I mentioned that if you want to really accomplish something you have to make a decision and then put that decision into action. Well I have made that decision today and have started putting it into action. What about you? Have you made your decision yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment